Sunday, August 17, 2008

An ideal place

The keys to my new place will come before October!

It's pretty exciting to know that it's within reach, though I had to wipe out almost every penny in my accounts for it. We're still at the stage of conceptualising how the place should look like. For now, we know we wanna build a raised platform to elevate the balcony, have some simple shelf for the TV and show off the wall instead of having a huge TV console or having a feature wall fashionable nowadays. The utility room besides the door will be my gear room, we'll have the bedroom (she's designing it) and also a study with my books and CDs taking pride of place (I'm doing that instead).

What should I do with the extra room?
  • Music room - somewhere for me to scratch my violin in?
  • Bouldering gym - build a simple wall with tiles and all?
  • Mess-ing room - a place for me to do any work that requires things to be sprawled all over?
Or maybe all my sporting gears will just spill over into this room haha.

Send in your suggestions to me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! bouldering gym was MY idea! haha...

Wolfie said...

I thought of it long ago! But anyway, will need to consider if I have the energy to boulder after work or not. If I can't make it nice and interesting because of room size, maybe I'll rather visit the gyms around too.

Alex Wong said...

you do know that you will be getting visitors if you have a bouldering gym at home right? hahahaha

Wolfie said...

Yah thought so too! But no matter la, the more the merrier. $5 per head per entry!

Anonymous said...

Reserve a space in your gear room for my future foldable... :p