Friday, August 22, 2008

Planning for medical leave

I got my voice hoarse yesterday, and wanted to give school a miss later. Although there isn't much that's happening in the classroom for me tomorrow, it sure doesn't feel good to be sniffing and coughing and grunting when I want to speak to people.

But then I realised that my CCA will need help because one of the teacher has been on MC a few days for sore throat already, and my guess is that she is not going to come tomorrow. The club have to plan for an event too, and cannot run tomorrow's session on one teacher alone (my HOD is also away). I don't want to kill my colleague by throwing everything to him, and now decided that I should go after all.

And then my teacher's day dinner is happening tonight too. I would really want to skip it as I'm in no mood for fun or food or whatever nonsense that it will throw up. Honestly I hate it, because for the event I was asked to plan a stupid game which is so totally not fun and against the spirit of a Teacher's Day. Would I be able to leave school after my CCA to get an MC just to skip the dinner? Is it worth it? Is it even possible? Or should I just bear with it and grin?

So damn irritating right. To be genuinely sick but cannot even take an MC because you're too considerate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just take MC lah.

Alex Wong said...

agree... just take MC la...