Friday, May 08, 2009

Old things

I am in the midst of clearing my belongings in my room to be transported to the house. Steadily, the cupboards regurgitated books both new and old, which has not seen the light of day for ages. Whole boxes of CDs, school notes, photographs, and miscellaneous gifts were packed, needing many many trips to get to its destination.

I can really just sit there and reminiscence about the old days looking at them. I thought of how I started my CD collections (with Chopin's Nocturnes and Boston Pops recordings), reread my schoolday writings (I can't believe I wrote that well in Secondary school!), as well as the cheem stuff that I read in my NUS literature modules.

I look at the handicrafts that I made and I remember my secondary school days, a really nice period of my life when I just play the days away without a care (and somehow passed). There's a few JC photos of my CT teacher whom I fondly remembered, and I recall the relationships that I had with the few people I was close to then.

All in all, I think I have wonderful memories even though I'm just another ordinary guy on the street. Though there will be a lot of significant people in my past who I do not see much of nowadays, they will always be fondly remembered, and always welcomed back into my life even for the briefest moment if I get to see them again.

No comments: