Saturday, May 02, 2009

New badminton shoes!

As part of some obscure Chinese tradition, Karen's parents have to buy me a belt and a pair of shoes, and I went over to Queensway to shop for it today. I hardly wear my running shoes, my trail running shoes are excellent for teaching in the field, and I guess the pair of shoes that is gonna wear out soon will be my badminton shoes, hence the choice.

I had worn 2 pairs of Mizuno court shoes before, the first one cheap but quite ok though it doesn't exactly have a tight feel, the current pair more expensive but actually less fitting and feel clunky. This 'Wave Lightning 5' costs $135, but feels really agile and good! I can't wait to try it out tomorrow, and hope it makes my footwork better!

This is really the year of presents; getting married brings all sorts of gifts to you from your relatives. Kinda shows you their love I guess, and it makes me feel guilty for not giving them more of my time.

2 comments:

Virgil said...

I have been wearing it for ages liao; I have 2 pairs. :)

I think the cushioning is better than the Yonnex ones. :)

Wolfie said...

Yonex shoes are weird, the toe box there have so much space, it doesn't feel fitting at all. And its middle-top range are so expensive!