Saturday, February 16, 2008

I flooped!

It is a day to remember. Finally, on the 16th of February, in the presence of my paddling kakis, I did my first floop.



Think it has been more than 2 years since Jacob first did the floop, but I have only been trying to do it practicing in spurts, busying myself with a lot of other things. Having been practicing more regularly now, I have got used to some of the required movements, but it was only today that I caught 2 more details to doing it -

1) Takeoff angle must be forward-leaning and not purely vertical.
2) After throwing the body forward, the back-arching and legs throwing forward must be done immediately before hitting the water.

Now to replicate the success in my own playboat, and to aim for consistency and adaptability.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, in fact wasn't that 2 floops??? Jump higher lah... :p

Wolfie said...

Huh? 1 floop is one somersault loh, where got 2?

Jump higher ah...wait till I can get it consistently first then talk about that...it depends on the boat volume and your own body weight too...

Alex Wong said...

Congrats Congrats... :)