Saturday, February 23, 2008

Staff welfare?

This year, I was selected to be in the Staff Welfare Committee and volunteered for the Secretary role. But the guy who got the program IC eventually approached me and asked to change positions with me, saying that I have more energy, I am more active, I know more about those PE activities kind of bull. I just gave in and we changed our position. Well he did ended up doing good work as a secretary, including things I wouldn't like to do such as making calls and sourcing out for presents etc.

Meanwhile, I was tasked to hold the first games day session for staffs last friday. It was a total flop. One teacher was there earlier and played basketball with the school team, but when the time came but no one came down to join us for the games, he went back to office.

I can't be bothered too. Fridays are CCA days and most people are in school because of it, and CCA always end late for everyone. If they don't have CCAs, no teacher will want to stay back on a Friday unless they have urgent work to settle, which also means they wouldn't want to come down and play. None of them are dressed in the proper attire anyway.

So eventually I saw my SWC head and she asked me if I can make an announcement to the staff room for teachers to come down. I hate the thought of doing that and didn't do it; I went to join my CCA group instead with the activities. just before 6pm, it drizzled, and I was glad that gave me the reason to make my escape.

Seriously, if I have to stay back on Fridays and I'm not in the SWC comm, I can't be bothered either. What a stupid suggestion. Next meeting I'm gonna shoot down this idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, here are some suggestions:

1. Day of Week - Perhaps you can hold them on non-Fridays... Thursdays?

2. Activity - Other than sports, perhaps other kinds of games or activities?

3. Build Interest - it's hard to organise something that people don't want to support and find it a waste of time. Perhaps you need to excite them in the activities prior to the actual activity.

Your workplace lacks enthusiastic energy, man. Sounds like a very dead place.