Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Of paddles and pedals

Met up with Bings at Paddleculture today to mess around in the pool - he tried my 'Flight' boat and I used Andrew's, and both of us tried to adapt ourselves to the boat and see who can do all the polo boat tricks better. His opinion is that the boat isn't the easiest to get used to, though the 'vampire' wins it as the most difficult boat to master. Anyway I swear I'll make my Flight do playboat tricks eventually. Need to recover my gluteals by keeping it away from the bloody seat for a while though. And yup, I paddled in the rain today! Shiok...

Enric just bought a road bike! Stupid blackie went for a trail bike previously despite my persuasions on the virtues of a roadie, and now...see see? Pretty nice aluminium Scott, with a beautiful carbon fork. I'll like one too! Figured that if I know I'm gonna get one to cycle to my attachment school in June, I might as well get one when a good deal comes along and start using it now to go NIE. Though if I buy a beauty I wonder if I'll bear parking it in the open, subjected to the weather and strangers' scrutiny...

No comments: