Monday, January 16, 2006

Sporting Madness

This blog can hardly deviate from the topic of sports, but that's because it's what I do almost everyday - The time I spend reading or doing assignments is pathetic compared to my hours playing. I even joined 3E-3F's badminton class last friday, and today I joined my class's volleyball session. It was so good! The coach was a real professional, able to set appropriate drills, repeatedly emphasising key points, and making me learn so much in just 2 hours! I was definitely hooked when I did one really good spike that smashed down close to the net in the jump-and-spike drill, and I'm now more excited about learning volleyball than badminton ha...

I do know that my body's gonna take a real beating this semester though. I have been plagued with recurring sporadic bouts of flu, cough, mouth ulcers and diarrhoea that come and go like the waxing and waning of the moon since early December; now I'm afraid of my right rotator cuff muscles and right elbow getting injured from overuse with all that spiking/smashing/throwing actions in my sports.

Still, I can't help it, I'm really addicted to sports now! Now, that's howI think a proper semester in PESS should be like. If only I can stay for more years here...

1 comment:

Alex Wong said...

glad to know you are having so much fun. Haha, hope that when you become a teacher, can do the same thing to your students... make them hooked. Then its an indicator that you are doing really well.