Thursday, January 12, 2006

School

The second week of school flies by, almost unnoticed. Things are getting familiar again - the walk to the hall, the faces in the canteen. This semester seems like a breeze on paper, with five modules instead of nine in the last, and with one ending in another 5 weeks. Before I went into NUS, I thought that will be a wonderful place as I can just read literature, but I ended up dreading those silly compulsory modules. Things are still the same here...

Anatomy and Biomechanics - Had some interest last year to read up on anatomy last year, but with all due respect to Ms Wong, the lessons have so far been a bore. I don't even want to start thinking about biomechanics...

Instructional methods in PE - The aircon in the room must be drugged with sedatives. I'm allergic to the air in the room anyway, and now to add to that I have to fight weariness to stay with the languorously winding sentences...

Dance - Fun! Really interesting, really nice. Yes, I do enjoy the refinement of my kinaesthetic awareness through dancing, to respond to music through movement, and to hear folk music and mentally teasing out the hereditary elements from its ancestry, or to compare it to the classical canon. It can be as tiring as any sport, trust me.

Badminton - Needless to say, this is the best module for me. Am challenging myself to further improve my standards within this semester - a somewhat wishful thought given that I only reach my current mediocre standards after about 6 years of regular play, but a goal to work towards nonetheless.

Social Context in Teaching - Someone please tell me why postgraduates need to read this. Utterly boring, horribly inane, and with a spade of required readings and futile assignments to go along with it. All in all another dumb module reminiscent of Education Psychology II.

1 comment:

Alex Wong said...

Yo! Must Post more regularly la... everytime come see same post. hahaha... ok ok... may be I'm just being impatient. :P

So what kinda dance you learning? Show next time leh!