Monday, January 09, 2006

Rain rain rain!

The weather is incredibly wet these days - How could so much water drench the island without pause from the same sky? The sky is a perpetual blank space, flat and featureless, refusing to give any signs as to when it will relent.

But it's lovely. To have nature forcing itself into our lives and consciousness, slowing traffic, disrupting plans. By making things difficult for us, it forces us to reconsider our plans and see which are the really important things we need to do. And I much rather hear the noisy rain than the noisy streets, because one can lull me to sleep while the other is just plain urban static.

And I can still go out paddle in the cool weather if I like, ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya dunno where the hell all the water vapour come from! It's not lovely, it's damn bloody cold! BEN.

Alex Wong said...

Its been raining the whole day! You should have seen me and my colleagues.

We went out of office, then went back to get umbrellas.

Then we walked out of the building, only to walk back in because it was too cold. Not to mention I am sick.

Then we went to the basment and realised there was nothing to eat, and nothing I could eat! So we went out again!

And the rest of the day, I wore an extra pull-over in addition to the jacket, and felt like it was already winter.

What weather....

Wolfie said...

Weatherman forecasted at least another 2 days of torrential downpour...so enjoy it while it lasts! :P