Monday, January 23, 2006

Sports addiction

It's net silence for me every weekend this term, bacause I'm just too busy playing every weekend that I really am home only to sleep over. Sunday mornings start at 7am for my weekly badminton at 8am, leaving me with less than 6 hours of rest each weekend.

After the 'Managing Obesity' seminar at Suntec on friday (interesting talks though I visited dreamland a few times), I went down to PC to play polo. With only Wira and James, we waited out the rain before doing only shooting and keeping practices until my right triceps started complaining. Reaching home past midnight, I was so tired that I unwittingly slept on my sofa for the entire night! Nonetheless, went to play badminton next day, but an hour into the 3-hours session, my shoulder instinctively stopped me from doing smashes, and I just have to listen to its advice. Have to skip polo training at NTU due to my strained shoulders (yes, the left one hurts too!), because I always try too hard during trainings to take care of myself.

Had one of those rare lunch with my family at a restaurant at Toa Payoh today after badminton, my eldest brother's treat. Am quite surprised to see him pretty changed for the better, from being a dour face to being able to talk and even joke with the family, showing his ease with his gf in front of us all. Seems like his relationship with his gf is going well, and I hope they get married soon even though they said they wouldn't.

Seeing the bright half-moon up in the sky, I wonder how the water and weather is like at East Coast today, and I miss all the scenery there right now.

No comments: