Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Treasure trove of words

This is amazing - I just found this website that offers Free Poetry eBooks for all. It offers the bulk of each poet's corpus in the PDF documents (popular poets like Goethe had over 300 poems compiled, while Thomas Hardy had 249 etc), there are 20 poets on each page to browse on the site, and the entire site spans 74 pages of downloadable links. It's an incredibly stupendous project and I can't imagine why I never found this site in my undergrad days, orwhy it's all free.

I had downloaded more poems that I can ever read in this life from the site already; Do yourself the favour, do likewise, and once in a while see if you can experience a moment of epiphany by reading the world being described from a whole new perspective by someone else. T.S. Eliot says that good poetry is more often enjoyed than understood first, so don't let a perceived lack of a literary mind get in the way of enjoying words made entire new and novel again.

No comments: