Monday, February 27, 2006

Challenges

I was asked if I felt any anxiety for the upcoming microteaching session at Yusof Ishak sec on thursday - well I did felt a bit apprehensive about it previously, but as the days draw nearly I'm strangely more excited and looking forward to it. The uncertainty makes it exciting I guess, and although there's always the chance of meeting with failure and disappointment, I'm eager to go out and try out my unit plan. First lesson is will probably be a tentative experience for both myself and the students, but I'm sure things will go smoothly as the session goes.

Think I'm a sucker for challenges, it's my way of making myself live life fully without regrets. I'll rather fail than not try at all - though this microteaching chance is something we just have to go through, I guess it helps to feel confident and eager to go into it. Going into teaching itself is a big plunge for me - I think it will be an easier way out for myself if I had went for OBS instead. But I'm sure that along with the huge amount of disappointment and pain that I will experience as a teacher, I will get back little tokens of satisfaction, kindness, and perhaps appreciation to make the effort worth it, all in all.

No comments: