Monday, February 06, 2006

Coming of age...

4th of February, Saturday
(A rainy day - cycling to Tampines with Enric)

Me: Wah lau, you know ah the last time I cycled in the rain like this was in secondary 3 or 4...that's like 10 years ago man...

[shortly after]

Me: You know huh, a lot of people my age in NIE are already getting married, or going too already...

Enric: Har? So young? How old are they?

Me: Around my age lah. The girls marry even younger...at a time when they are having babies, I'm still going around telling people, "Hey, look I got a new bike!"

Enric: [Guffaws]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, at the age where people are getting married, opening their new homes for housewarming or inviting friends to their place for baby full month parties, here I am still going about for band or orchestra practices, telling people I like to go kayaking and trying to pick up rockclimbing etc... Only difference is I'm no longer studying and the contrast is even more stark...

Wolfie said...

Aiyah...I also considered working now mah...just that I'm working in schools. Think my mental age doesn't match my chronological age :p