Monday, March 13, 2006

Back to coaching!

Have been going back to kayaking coaching since the last fortnight - This week's the school holidays and the courses are really lining up back to back. On saturday and sunday, I took Bishan Park Secondary NPCC and NCC kids, and it's nice to see some of the kids still able to recognise my face from the time I was there in July doing attachment for the month.

Took a class of 8 Yishun Town St. John Brigade girls and 3 freelance outdoor instructors for 1 star course this morning, and they're a joy to teach. The girls approached the course (particularly the capsize drill) with the usual apprehensions, but performed splendidly in everything I taught them. Enjoyed the session with them, and am happy to know they enjoyed it too when they asked repeatedly that I complete the course with them tomorrow. It's usually much easier to make them enjoy kayak courses then making PE lessons fun and involving - attempting to make the latter happen will be my goal for the next three years at least.

No comments: