Thursday, March 23, 2006

Schooling angst

Imagine, I'm gonna go out to teach and here I am being so angsty about school work. I'm like "Fuck it all! I don't give a damn what grade I get so long as I pass!!" And I think not many people can tell me why I should work hard in NIE anyway. Next time how to convince my students to work hard?

Probably the assumption of roles dictates the attitude; you just wanna slack as a student and get kids to study hard when you're a teacher or a parent. And it's just unfortunate some things in school really pisses me off to no end. Thank goodness I'm teaching PE and Literature - even though the latter is examinable, exams are never the be-all and end-all for that subject.

Yes I know I sound like a bloody spoilt brat. But it's nice to throw a tantrum sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha are u sure its only sometimes??