Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas shopping

Shopping season is officially open - I was at Orchard on Wednesday night and Jurong Point yesterday afternoon, and there was people everywhere in the malls.

Anyway, I was out shopping for presents to exchange at the Christmas eve dinner of my gang of friends. As the group comprises of the guys and their girlfriends, the presents have to be unisex, must not be size-sensitive to the individual, and to cost around $20.

So, what type of asexual gifts can I get? I thought hard and came to the conclusion that items which qualifies must have a practical use in themselves, and should not bear gender-symbolic meanings if they are merely decorative baubles. So things like stationaries perhaps. Toys and pouches will have to be of the type that both sexes will enjoy using, no barbies or models for the former and no wallets or purses for the latter.

The options are limited. But I think I'll get a toy haha. At least it's more fun!


Look! There's a Singaporean version of 'Taboo' with 'some true blue Singaporean words'! Also saw 'Risk' in a Star Wars version, looks really pretty.

No comments: