Thursday, December 28, 2006

Some thoughts at the end of the year.

  • Met some old Odac friends just now at dinner, and one of them told me incidentally that the internet was down in Singapore because a Taiwan earthquake had disrupted underwater cablings. My goodness. It is quite a surprise I didn't know of these things because usually I will read my papers religiously everyday, but now I don't have a subscription at home. I'm getting suaku I think.
  • Roland was just asking me to go climbing tomorrow cos he got nothing to do, and he is contemplating getting new climbing shoes! Climbing as an activity is now very far from my mind usually, and to think I was the one who got Roland and a few others into the sport. There's a very underutilised climbing rope under my bed by the way.
  • On the other hand, I am now taking badminton lessons from a coach four sessions for 2 hours each month, costing me $200 for it. I resolve to be a 'proper' player, not only being able to play but to be able to demonstrate correct footwork, which is a killer to learn because it have to be drilled in as a habit. Wish me luck.
  • And I'm into my third driving lesson tomorrow, but the test date is freaking far away in May. Ok it's quite fun and interesting (like all new challenges for me), but no, I'm still not gonna get a car.
  • Read Alex's blog and he promises to post his end of year reflections and new year resolutions soon - wow. I can't remember if I ever do those things before, but I think it will be a pretty pointless exercise for me, unless I pinned up my resolutions written on a huge board, and even then it might not be enough to induce me to work towards fulfilling them. All the best to you bro haha.

No comments: