Saturday, December 16, 2006

'Super Size Me', Singaporean version

It was another tough polo training session tonight, and I only ate a pau before it starts at 6pm (it ended close to 11pm). I was ravenous at the end of it all, and barely had energy to do complete the whole session. When my teammate drove me back to YCK and I boarded a bus to AMK, I headed straight to Mac and binged out.

(Aside: I had a packet of 'Hammer Gel' during mid-training, which helped. I was initially skeptical about the effectiveness of these products, but now I'm absolutely sure they help you keep going after trying it out for badminton and paddling sessions. Last Wednesday, I was hopping all over the baseline smashing every lifted shuttle right to the last game with the help of the gel!)

If you know me well enough, you'll realise that I crave fast food when I'm physically exhausted like this, trying to 'get back some fat' into me. It might sound unhealthy, but my body tells me it is necessary, and I just listen to it. I walked by S11 kopitiam along the way, and pondered a while on whether I should go for ba chor mee instead.

Now the question is this: Do you think that the ba chor mee will be a healthier choice than my McChicken meal? A more interesting question: If someone eats a $4 large bowl ba chor mee with a large bowl of ice kacang with it for every meal in a month, will the person end up like the 'Super Size Me' man? With all the lard oil inside, I actually think that will happen! What do you think?

No comments: