Saturday, January 20, 2007

A second home

Although this semester's timetable is really sucky, with very early days and crazy long breaks, and a Thursday starting at 8.30am and ending at 7.30pm, I still (somewhat) look forward to going to school to play and read. Besides doing Softball as a module, I have been playing tennis too, and even squash and table tennis when other facilities are occupied. I also started reading up on games for PE classes, and teaching strategies that I might use in the future, borrowing a few books from the library about once a week.

In a very short time, I will have to bid farewell to this place. I will remember it as the place at which I became a very focussed person like never before, thinking, playing, reading and eating as a would-be PE teacher. I live my days here exhausting myself with back to back activities and take breaks only to recharge myself for more. I would run around pitch playing different games and suddenly stop to appreciate the vast expanse of space around me. It's a lovely place.

No comments: