Sunday, January 14, 2007

Your daily vitamins

Guardian and Watsons have an ongoing 20% sale right now, and I took the chance to buy a bottle of Vitamin C for myself. The crazy weather, my daily workouts and the stupid semester schedule will all work to stress my body out, so hopefully with some vitamin supplements I can play just as hard.

One can't help but be boggled by the variety of supplements on the market. Even when I know I am only getting my Vit C pills, there's different dosages of 100mg, 250mg, 500mg, and 1000mg; some are 'buffered' and supposedly easier on the stomach, some can delay the release of the vitamin, and all in different quantities and at different prices. Wow.

So for those who wants to get some information about recommended daily dosage of vitamin supplements, you can take a look at this recommendation report from the Harvard school of public health. No, you don't need to consume 500mg of Vitamin C everyday, so don't a dork like me and go get that mega dosage.

No comments: